This article was originally published on Growth Everywhere.
Did you know that there are only 7 Internet software/services with over 1 billion monthly active users (MAU)?
Just take a look at this:
If you’re looking for growth in your business, the right places to look are where your target audience is already hanging out. You probably won’t be able to advertise to people directly on MS Office or Windows, but you do have a shot at finding them on platforms such as Google Search, Facebook, and YouTube.
In this post, we’ll give you 7 surprising ways to scale your revenues using paid advertising this year. Some of them involve the channels above, some don’t.
Remember, it’s about finding your right target audience.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. YouTube Advertising
I’ve been preaching YouTube advertising for the past few years and I still feel strongly about it (after all, we were able to add about $6M in annual run rate for a company just solely on YouTube ads). Here are the key points on why I think it’s particularly effective:
It’s not saturated yet.
It’s a pretty big search engine—the #2 largest search engine in the world.
Clicks are cheap—each view on YouTube can range from $.01 to $.15.
Like Google AdWords, you can advertise to searcher intent—contrast this with Facebook, where a lot of times an advertiser is trying to generate demand for a new product that people might not know about. Search advertising helps get the message in front of the right people at the right time.
The advertising platform is built within Google AdWords—that means all the flexibility and targeting options that you’re used to are available for you.
You can read more on YouTube advertising in my previous posts here:
The Serious Marketer’s Guide To Getting Started With YouTube Advertising
Entrepreneur Magazine – 4 Mistakes You’re Probably Making with YouTube Advertising
2. Gmail Advertising
Gmail advertising is a relatively new format that Google brought back recently and it seems like it’s here to stay this time. We’ve seen click-through rates as high as 75% and clicks as low as $.10.
But what about conversions?
On a client campaign targeting a $150 cost per acquisition (CPA), we were able to acquire leads for as low as $7.
You read that right.
You can read our Gmail advertising guide to learn how to get started.
3. Facebook Lead Ads
Facebook Lead Ads is a relatively new format and for the time being, it’s mobile-only.
Here’s what it looks like:
The concept is simple:
You see an ad on mobile and click the call-to-action.
A mobile form pops up where you can fill out information such as Name, E-mail, URL, Budget, etc.
After you confirm, you have the option of clicking on whatever target destination the advertiser has specified.
On a recent campaign, we compared Facebook Lead Ads to a conversion optimized campaign and here’s a small sample of the results for the same client that had a target CPA of $150:
On the conversion optimized campaign, our CPA was a little higher at $115.
What this all means is that Facebook Lead Ads is worth exploring further. On the surface level, it intuitively makes sense: if you’re able to fill out a form within the app, the conversion rate should be higher. However, your mileage may vary.
Here are two downsides to Facebook Lead Ads right now:
It’s mobile only
The leads come packaged in a CSV—you’ll need to manually export this every day or use a tool like ConnectLeads to connect your Facebook Lead Ads to your CRM or ESP.
4. Facebook Paid Content Promotion
One thing we truly believe is that you’re going to be seeing A LOT more paid content distribution. Facebook naturally likes it when people share content because people tend to engage with it by liking, commenting or re-sharing.
In terms of engagement, direct product advertisements don’t do as well because people are naturally turned off by ads. Just think about this: Derek Halpern of Social Triggers says that 20% of your time should be spent on developing a piece of content. The other 80% should be spent on promotion.
Let’s try to break this down with some simple numbers.
Assume your hourly rate is $100
You spend 5 hours on a piece of content = the ‘value’ of your content is $500 (5 x $100)
$500 is 20% of $2,500
That means one way to approach this is to spend $2,000 promoting that masterpiece you put together.
Keep in mind that this can be broken down into sweat equity rather than pure dollars. But this section is about paid content promotion so for the sake of simplicity, you’d be spending $2,000 on content promotion.
You can learn about how to get started with Facebook paid content promotion here.
Continue reading %7 Surprising Ways to Scale Your Marketing Efforts in 2016%
via Reme Le Hane